Reasons to Recover #1

When you are recovering from any mental illness, for example Anorexia as in my case, it is very helpful to have a list of YOUR reasons to recover. Especially in the beginning stages of your recovery I would suggest making such a list and to have it with you most of the time. Sometimes we can forget why we are fighting for our health, why we want to get better, and the bad thoughts can take over. When this happens, it's nice to have this list at hand. You can go through it before your next meal, when you wake up (great way to start your day!), before you go to bed, when you challenge yourself with a fear food etc.
Such a list can be short and to the point, or it can be very long and detailed - everyone is different. I myself am the type of person who has a long list. I want to share my reasons with you on this blog hopefully it will inspire you and give you some ideas for your own list. But remember that everyone has different reasons to recover, so if you don't agree with me, that's totally fine.


  1. for my family, so that they don't have to worry about me anymore and that we can have fun again together
  2. to be able to socialize again
  3. to not have to fake a smile
  4. to be able to eat out
  5. to be able to eat wherever and whenever I want
  6. to be able to eat however much I want
  7. to be able to eat what I truly want, not what anorexia wants
  8. for my dog, so that I have the energy to play with him and care about him
  9. so that my skin won't be that dry and flaky anymore
  10. so that I'll be able to love myself and not be ashamed of my body
  11. for my friends, so that I can do fun things with them again and so that they don't have to worry about me
  12. to be able to wear the clothes I want
  13. to get my period back
  14. to have more time for the important things in life
  15. to be able to study 
  16. to inspire others and be a role model
  17. so that I don't have anxiety and panic attacks anymore
  18. to prove all the people wrong that said that I would never recover, that I'm to deep in my disorder
  19. to be able to do nothing - and don't feel guilty about it
  20. to stop counting calories

So that's it for today, I will post more reasons to recover another time. Let me know what your reasons are and if mine could inspire you.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essen ist Medizin

Ich weiß noch, wie ich mir am Anfang meiner Genesung so viele Gedanken darum gemacht habe, wieviel man essen sollte, um gesund zu werden. Tä...