Haul - Vegan Food

Last weekend I went shopping and visited a new organic food store called "Denn's". Of course they sell a lot of vegan stuff as well. I love going food shopping and could spend hours at a store, just looking around and filling my basket with new food I want to try. At Denn's, I bought four products that I've never seen or tried before. These were the products I bought there:


The first thing I got my hands on was the "coco milk for cooking" from Dr. Antonio Martins. It's just coconut milk with different nutritional value compared to canned coconut milk, and I thought that the packaging is so much more convenient than a can. Especially as I don't use the whole package, I can easily seal it again and keep it in the fridge for a couple of days.
I used it to make a curry. Normally, I would use almond milk to make curry, but after using the coconut milk I wouldn't go back to almond! It came out perfectly creamy with a slight coconut taste. It would be great in soups as well - there are plenty of ways to use it.



The next product is this Roobar in the flavor "chia coconut". My love for bars and coconut is endless at the moment, so there was no way I couldn't leave the store without this bar. Roobars are perfect snacks in my opinion as almost every flavor tastes delicious and as they are rather small and can be eaten everywhere on the go.


So then I went to the cooling shelf and got the last two items: an iced coffee from My Love My Life made with almond milk and a raspberry dessert from Rose. I have to admit that I bought both because the packaging looked nice - I mean, the cute unicorn and the doodles on the iced coffee do look nice, don't they?
 The dessert tasted very good! It reminded me of one of my favorite puddings when I was a child, "rote Grütze" (red berry compote), just without the vanilla sauce. As the dessert came out of the fridge, it was very cool and refreshing, so perfect for summer! The taste wasn't to sweet and the texture a little bit like rice pudding. I'll definitely buy it again and will try the mango flavored one as well.


The iced coffee was great as well. Neither too sweet nor does it have a strong coffee taste. At first I was afraid to try it because I've never liked coffee just with milk and a little sugar, I always need some kind of sweet syrup or flav drops, but I really liked and enjoyed this coffee. I would say it's better than a coffee from Starbucks and less expensive as well.


All products were good and I can recommend them to you. As well, I can say that I really like the food store I went to, so if you ever see Denn's somewhere, you should definitely go inside and look around. They have a wide range of vegan foods and drugstore stuff - they even sign most of their vegan products so that you don't have to read all the ingredients of a product to make sure it doesn't contain animal products, which makes shopping a lot easier.
Can you recommend any products from Denn's? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essen ist Medizin

Ich weiß noch, wie ich mir am Anfang meiner Genesung so viele Gedanken darum gemacht habe, wieviel man essen sollte, um gesund zu werden. Tä...