Chocolate Banana Oatmeal

Now let me tell you that there were times I've hated Oats - they tasted so bland to me and were more complicated to make than just putting cereal in a bowl. But I've figured out an easy recipe for oatmeal that I eat daily at the moment. I've fallen in love with oatmeal again and can't imagine how I lived without it the past years.



Everything that is in that oatmeal are oats (of course), banana, some liquid (I mix water and almond milk) and a flavoring system from My Supps (either chocolate-coconut or chocolate-cookie). I like to top my oats with the salty caramel coconut chips from Veganz, some berries and a splash of almond milk. Trust me when I say that topping your oats with a splash of plant milk will totally change your oatmeal game.
My Supps Flavoring System
Veganz Coconut Chips Salty Caramel
I cook my oatmeal in the microwave. It's so much easier than cooking it on the stove and it has a different consistency in some way - a better one in my opinion. At first it was difficult to find out how long and at which temperature to cook it, but after some experimenting I figured out a perfect way to do it. Your microwave might be different, so you may cook it longer or at a higher temperature - just experiment a little and always watch what's going on with your oatmeal in the microwave because it can easily overflow. And don't forget to stir it a few times in the cooking process! This will make sure that the oatmeal gets creamier.

And of course this recipe is completely vegan and delicious!

INGREDIENTS: 
  • 50g oats (either rolled or quick cooking)
  • either water, plant milk or both
  • ca. 1,5-2 tsp cocoa powder or a flavoring system with chocolate taste (adjust amount to your liking)
  • one banana
  • toppings, for example fruit, berries, nuts, coconut flakes, chia seeds, ...
METHOD:
  • Put the oats and the cocoa powder in a microwave safe bowl and stir the ingredients together
  • Add your liquid. The oats should be covered completely with your liquid. The amount you put in depends on how you want the consistency to come out, so if you want it sticky, add less and if you want it soggy, add more liquid. Stir again.
  • Now put the oats in the microwave for around 2 minutes on full power. Stir halfway through.
  • Meanwhile, slice your banana into tiny chunks. Add to your oats and put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds.
  • Let the oats sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards, put the oatmeal back in the microwave on lower heat for 2 minutes.
  • Top your oatmeal with your toppings and ENJOY!

How do you make your oats? I would like to hear what your go-to recipe is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essen ist Medizin

Ich weiß noch, wie ich mir am Anfang meiner Genesung so viele Gedanken darum gemacht habe, wieviel man essen sollte, um gesund zu werden. Tä...